Cover ups, beach frocks, sarongs - your summer adventure at the beach won't be complete without them. It feels good to expose your toned body but for long hours of sizzling heat under the sun I'm sure you'll grab something to cover you up.
Reasons to cover up:
- Health: Basically to minimize the risk of having skin cancer. Sorry for sun-worshippers out there.
- Beauty: Too much sun exposure causes painful sunburns and damages our skin cells which can lead to faster skin aging. A cover up offers low yet effective sun protection.
- Style: Surely you wouldn't be walking around all day only with your swimsuit. You need a cover up for an added style factor.
- Function: Cover up after getting out of the water so you won't get chilly.. You can just put it on or take it off without having to worry changing in public.. If you need a little modesty, a cover up can be of great help..
A wide selection of cover ups are available today. Kaftans and tunics are in the zone since last year. Nicole Richie, Paris Hilton, and Lindsay Lohan were spotted wearing them. Even Blake Lively appeared in one Gossip Girl episode wearing one. This means "sarong days are over, kaftans rule!". But who cares? There are still a wide variety of beachwear you can choose from and that includes summer dresses, sarongs, separate skirts and tank tops.
Summer cover up tips:
- Kaftans and tunics usually have longer sleeves so they cover up flabby arms and problem areas around the hips and midriff.
- If your legs aren't one of your best assets, wear a long cover up dress or a sarong that extends down to the ankles.
- See-through cover ups aren't made to fully "cover up" but are there to complement your swimsuit.
- Cotton is a recommended fabric.
- For a classic look, get a pairing swimsuit and cover up. For a more trendy style, pair plain swimsuits with printed cover ups or vice versa.
- Raid your closet for mini summer dresses, tank tops, and loose cotton tops before purchasing a new cover up to save some cash.
Designed by Hermanny by ViX, this Adri Caftan in multi-color print with lurex stripes and outlined bidding will flatter almost all body shapes. Sold at $144.00 on InStyleSwimwear.com (Made in India).
This delicate looking kaftan in cream is feminine and beautiful. Ronna Kaftan is available at SimplyBeach.com.
Look elegant on the beach with this Skulls Tunic in Black by Letarte - Square neck, 3/4 sleeves, mid thigh length that's made of cotton.
Another cute tunic designed by Letarte, the Handblock Fish Tunic in Navy is hand embroidered with a Koi fish pattern together with sexy side slits and deep scoop neck.
This is one fab beachwear at Venus.com - Sun Kissed Cover up in Peacock!
You can also opt for a crisp white tube for a more casual look like this French Terry cover up tube dress.
Turn on the retro summer heat with Topshop's Rainbow Check Bandeau Cover Up - made of 100% cotton!
Cover up your derriere with sarongs! SassySarongs.com is now having every sarong on sale! I fell in love with this Crepe Hibiscus Sarong (Reg. $34 , sale at $19.99)