Have you noticed Carrie Bradshaw's strand of Mikimoto Pearls in the movie Sex & the City?
We laugh, cry, and fall in love alongside Sex & the City women Carrie, Samantha, Charlotte and Miranda but seriously, we anticipate more on their next fashion ensemble.
In the movie Sex & the City, Carrie Bradshaw flaunted a Mikimoto opera-length cultured pearl necklace which she wore throughout the film. It is an 8.5mm Mikimoto Akoya cultured pearl necklace, 32-inches long with Mikimoto's signature clasp in 18k gold.
Mikimoto jewelry are excellent fashion investments. These pearls are "the utmost highest quality of the most perfectly spherical pearls and exquisite pearl jewelry". If you're getting yourself a Mikimoto pearl necklace or a pair of Mikimoto pearl earrings, you're giving yourself the best of the best.
Fast Facts about Mikimoto Pearls:
- Kokichi Mikimoto, the founder of Mikimoto pearls, discovered his first cultured pearl on July 11, 1893
- Kokichi founded the world's first store specializing pearl jewelry in Tokyo's Ginza district
- Kinds of Mikimoto Pearls: Akoya cultured pearl, silver lipped cultured pearl, black lipped cultured pearl, freshwater cultured pearl & semi-spherical cultured pearl, and conch pearl
- 6 Qualities of a Mikimoto Pearl you should consider before buying: lustre, nacre thickness, surface, color, shape, and size
- How a Mikimoto pearl is made: Raising oysters, inserting the nucleus, pearl cultivation, and harvesting pearls
- AAA grade is the highest quality of Mikimoto pearls