Sunglasses. Every woman owns one but not every woman knows how to choose the perfect pair. If you're only considering two factors like price and style, you're not doing it right. So here are some tips to help you pick your pair of sunnies when you go shopping.
- Color of lenses. You have to consider the color of the lenses before buying. Why? Because tints affect how well you detect contrast and differentiate colors. Some lenses enhance contrast and vice versa. If you're trying a pair and you're having a hard time differentiating colors in your surroundings, try another. You might have difficulty doing your usual activities while wearing it (e.g. while driving, looking at the traffic lights).
- Eye protection. Aside from fashion statement, your sunglasses should be protecting you from UV rays. Excessive exposure to UV radiation may lead to eye problems such as cataracts, burns, and cancer. Look for pairs that block 99% of UVB rays and at least 95% of UVA rays.
- Lens Material. Sunglasses that can be easily scratched are useless. So choose lenses made from NXT polyurethane are impact-resistant, flexible, lightweight, and have great optical clarity. They are expensive but they're worth it.
- Consider Style. These are the 3 popular styles for womens sunglasses: Wayfarers (worn by Audrey Hepburn in Breakfast at Tiffany's), Aviators (teardrop-shaped lens with thin metal frames), and Oversized (movie star style). Choose a style which compliments your face shape.
- Perfect Fit. Check if it's balanced and evenly distributed between your ears. It shouldn't fall off easily, it should not pinch around your head, and your eyelashes shouldn't touch the lenses.