Cardigans are very versatile and they never go out of style. If you're thinking of giving away or donating them to charity, read these tips to make your boring cardigan sweaters look interesting and trendy.
Consider cardigans as wardrobe staples for they tone down a dressy or bold outfit, great for layering, may look both casual and chic, for framing nice tops, and of course, for keeping yourself warm.
- Wear cardigans in 2 ways: buttoned-up and unbuttoned. Go casual and let it hang loose flowing from both sides to show off a cute top or a bold necklace.
- Long cardigans that go beyond the hips can be belted. You may choose to button-up the cardigan or let it hang loose from the sides then wear a belt.
- Pin a brooch! Brooches work well with cardigans with vintage or classic styles. And, you may use brooches to close cardigans that don't have buttons.
- Pair it with a skirt. Ruffled, tiered, and pencil cuts are the best bets. Wear it over the skirt or tuck it in.
- Great for layering. Layer it with a turtleneck sweater, then add a beaded necklace for that boho chic look.
- Shop for cardigans in different lengths and colors, fabrics and style and get a bunch of looks when you mix and match.